Our Medical Center
Dr. Rex Sentell, D.V.M. talks about the facility:
We are all proud of our Medical Center, which opened in January of 2012. The Animal Medical Center enables us to offer even better service and care in a much more spacious and comfortable environment. The name “Palm City Animal Medical Center” reflects the fact that we’ve expanded comprehensive clinical, surgical, pharmaceutical, rehabilitation and other services so we can take care of all your pets needs under one roof.
With the Medical Center, I was able to fulfil a dream of mine, to offer comprehensive treatment with state-of-the-art equipment. Our medical team always strives to keep up with the latest research and treatment protocols, to work with the best tools and equipment so we can quickly and accurately diagnose and perform needed treatments.
To that end we have advanced equipment to assist in diagnostic and treatment, including:
- A comprehensive animal physical therapy unit
- An extensive surgical operatory
- A surgical unit that replaces ligature for blood vessels by sealing them (to cut down drastically on surgery time)
- Cold laser for healing wounds and chronic lesions
- Lasers for surgery/special procedures
- Blood machines (for faster diagnosis of problems in sick animals and for pre-surgical screening)
- Comprehensive lab, for rapid results of lab work and certain tests… just to name a few.
The Medical Center is equipped with additional innovations, enabling us to provide even better care for your pets, including:
- Designated room for a spiral CT scan
- Large recovery and critical care area with oxygen kennels
- Comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation unit
- Special treatment room for ultrasound, colonoscopy and endoscopic diagnostic procedures
- Ten fully equipped exam rooms to cut down on your waiting time
- Full service pharmacy and lab utilizing specialized equipment to quickly analyze your test results and fill your prescriptions
- Hurricane proof building with full service generator to keep the Center running during a power loss
Snips & Snoozes - our Grooming and Boarding Facility, has been a part of Palm City Animal Medical Center since we opened our doors. We have three dedicated full time groomers, Patti, Veronica and Brittany, who specialize in all canine breed grooming and felines. They have over 30 years of grooming experience, and are ready to pamper your pet.
Our boarding facility offers a variety of options, from our Kitty condo’s to our luxury boarding suites. Our luxury suites comes furnished with in-kennel video cameras and T.V. for your pet. So no matter where you go, you can still keep up with your pet on your smart phone, tablet or computer. Under the supervision of Renay, our canine pets are walked at least three times a day.
Our state-of-the-art medical center enhances our ability to do what we do best…but it’s the people inside the building that really make the difference and we won’t lose sight of that. Giving you and your pets the quality of care we give to our own pets and doing all we can to make sure that your experience with us is always positive – that will always be what makes us tick.
Dr. Rex Sentell, D.V.M., Medical Director
Photos of the Facility